POs & PEOs
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader indiverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
One of the objective of MAE program is to enhance strong fundamental technical knowledge and capability of core competency in diversified field of Engineering. This objective aims at equipping students with the knowledge and skills of mechanical engineering and related interdisciplinary fields of study. This objective is linked strongly with the mission of providing knowledge (M1) and skills (M2) to the students and is a lifelong learning process (M4). It also maps moderately with the mission related with developing ability to use simulation and automation (M3) and hence maps moderately with this mission of the Department.
One of the objective of MAE program is to develop ability of performing mathematical modelling and analytical skills for problem solving and decision making. This objective aims at equipping students with the skills which are required for simulation and automation (M3). This objective is linked strongly with the mission of developing skills (M2) to the students and develops a tendency of lifelong learning process (M4). Hence this objective maps strongly with M2, M3 and M4. Fulfillment of this PEO also requires to equip students with knowledge which is required for simulation and automation.
The objective of MAE program to develop expertise in design process involves imparting basic knowledge of design and analysis of engineering components and systems. It also aims at developing analytical and numerical skills required for design and analysis. This PEO maps strongly with the mission of imparting knowledge and skills to the students and hence maps strongly with M1 and M2. The cost effectiveness and the know-how required for environmental sustainability maps strongly with continuous learning and improvisation i.e M4. For cost effectiveness the students will be trained to simulate the ideas and hence they need to develop the techniques required for simulation. Hence this objectives maps moderately with mission M3.
The objective of MAE program to Inculcate ethical responsibilities and service towards peers, employers, society and nation aims at developing all round personality of the student and making student responsible citizen of the country. This objective is linked strongly with the tendency of lifelong learning process (M4). Hence this objective maps strongly with M4. Fulfillment of this PEO also requires to equip students with knowledge and skills and hence maps moderately with mission M1 and M2.
One of the objective of MAE programme is to make student learn the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary organisation. This helps oneself to learn multidisciplinary tasks of an organisation which in a way also helps in developing skills required to start and run one’s own business. The development of entrepreneurship skills among students is a continuous learning process which requires Engineering knowledge and skills. This objective maps strongly with all the four missions of the Department.