POs, PSOs & PEOs
Program Outcomes (POs)
Following are the Program Outcomes for B.Tech (MAE) Programme at MAIT
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader indiverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Objectives (PSOs)
Following are the three broad statements of PSO of the Department of Mechanical & Automation Engineering:
PSO-1: Professional Skills
To develop ability to understand the basic concepts of Mechanical & Automation Engineering and to implement the acquired mechanical engineering knowledge for multi disciplinary fields/projects.
PSO-2: Problem Solving Skills
To develop an ability to accept global challenges and apply engineering knowledge for solving various problems in the area of Mechanical Engineering using latest hardware and software tools.
PSO-3: Successful Career
An understanding of social awareness & environmental wisdom along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real world applications using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Following are the five broad statements of PEO of the Department of Mechanical & Automation Engineering:
Imbibe strong fundamental concepts of mathematics and science and their application in the emerging fields of Engineering among students.
Develop the ability of modelling & analytical skills for problem solving and decision making to deal with latest technological challenges in industry and Research.
PEO-3: Design Analysis
Develop expertise in the design process of mechanical systems based on functionality, safety, standards, cost effectiveness, aesthetics and sustainability.
Inculcate ethical responsibilities and service towards peers, society and the nation.
Build on the ability to work in multi-disciplinary organisations as individuals and as team members and leaders and to have competence to start, run and grow one’s own business.